Blogger Backgrounds

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Haul #1 & Card

I am so excited to share with you all my first order from The Cat's Pajamas. I also was able to pick up the newest release from The Greeting Farm. I was very impressed with the way that The Cat's Pajamas was packaged in this cute little yellow & white striped bag. I have taken a few of the stamps out and tried them out and they are of great quality/stamp very well. My favorite from this haul is Kick Some Grass. This one would be perfect to make a card for one my roller derby friends. I absolutely fell in love with the stamp set called Ewe Complete Me as well. The sentiments are just too cute! Now on to The Greeting Farm I have wanted the Sitting Casual for so long to make some manly cards especially since Father's Day is coming up. My favorite would definitely have to be Cheeky Geeky. It reminds me of the skit from Saturday Night Live with Molly Shannon called Superstar. So might try to come up with a card playing off of that skit.

Lately I have also been working on more distressing techniques and learning to color jars/glass with my Copics.  I attended a class last night for some extra tips and tricks and this is what I came up with.
This image is stamped on Copic Xpress-It paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. The background paper was ran through the Cuttlebug with the damask embossing folder and then distressed using Tim Holtz's distress ink Peeled Paint and spray with Perfect Pearls for some shimmer. I also distress inked around my image with Old Paper and Iced Spruce for a greenish blue tint. The image was colored using the following Copic colors:

Vase: BG0000, BG000, BG00, BG10
Tulips: RV21, RV23, RV29 (palette blended)
Tulip stems: YG61, YG63, YG67 (palette blended)
Shadow: W00, W1, Colorless Blender. 

I had a great time learning to color glass jars, if you haven't tried it yet it is fun to do with some of the colored Memento inks. My personal favorite is Pear Tart using YG0000, YG00, YG11. So give it a try and let me know what you think. Well I have many errands to run today and hope to grill out this evening so have to get things ready for that. I hope the rest of ya'lls day is Scraptastic!! 

Hugs <3 
           LaTisha

No comments:

Post a Comment