Blogger Backgrounds

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Glass Jar Colorings...and more

Hey Friends! Enjoying the gorgeous spring weather with plenty of sunshine here in Iowa, tomorrow it is supposed to be 91 degrees. The splash pads are finally open in our area so tomorrow we plan to have a family picnic at the park with some splash pad fun. Zane of course is super excited to wear his new Spider-man swim top. Well on to my colorings, I wanted to share with you some glass jars that I experimented with using various Memento inks and Copic markers. The stamp is from the All Wrapped Up (Stampin' Up) set.

The Memento inks used are: Tuxedo Black, London Fog, Pear Tart, Angel Pink, and Rhubarb Stalk.

    1st row: BV's (BV0000, BV000, BV31)
                      B's (B0000, B000, B00) 
                      BG's (BG0000, BG000, BG10)
  2nd row:  R's (R0000, R00, R11, R81) 
                      RV's (RV000, RV00, RV10) 
                      YG's (YG0000, YG00, YG11) 
                      T's (T0, T1, T3, palette blended T5).

I really love how the Angel Pink with the RV's and Pear Tart with the YG's came out. The ink just really brings out the vibrant color in the Copic markers. I still want to do a jar using Y's, kind of like a firefly jar, and put some little bug embellishments into it. If have you haven't tried coloring glass, maybe some of my color combos and see what you like. It is pretty easy and it gives the image that extra "IT" factor.

Next I would like to share with you some bears that I made for Father's Day. My step dad is a hunter so I am sure he will appreciate the detail on his bear. I am still working on creating a bow-hunter bear. This was my first attempt at paper piecing using an irregular size. I think next time I make them I would like them a bit smaller to put on a card or something. These bears did not take long at all and were fun to create. They remind me of Larry the Cable Guy with the camo hat and vest, so I hope you all like them.

That is all I have for this week. Also if anyone has any paper piecing tips and tricks to share with me feel free to leave them below or on my facebook page. Thanks for stopping by and as always have a Scraptastic weekend! Hopefully you all can find time to color, stamp, alter projects, or do whatever craft you enjoy! Happy Memorial Day everyone! Please remember the veterans that blessed this country. Stay tuned for my newly organized scrap room pictures featuring two awesome garage sale finds!

No comments:

Post a Comment